Carbery Chartered Physiotherapy are delighted to announce the availability of Shockwave Therapy in our clinic. All of our Chartered Physiotherapists have undergone additional training and are experts in pain management and mobility restoration with the use of Shockwave Therapy.
WHAT IS SHOCKWAVE THERAPY?
Shockwave Therapy stimulates and speeds up the healing process allowing your body to repair itself. Research studies have shown approximately 80% success rate once all underlying issues are addressed.
HOW DOES SHOCKWAVE THERAPY WORK?
- Shockwave Therapy is a series of energetic shockwaves applied to the area that needs treatment
- A shockwave is a purely mechanical wave, not an electric one, the treatment initiates an inflammation-like condition in the tissue that is being treated
- The body responds by increasing the blood circulation and metabolism in the impact area which in turn accelerates the body’s own healing processes
- The shockwaves break down injured tissue and calcification
WHAT CAN SHOCKWAVE TREAT?
- Plantar fasciitis with/without heel spur
- Calcific rotator cuff tendonitis
- Lateral epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Greater trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Proximal hamstring tendinopathy
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Patellar tendinopathy
- Myofascial trigger points
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SHOCKWAVE THERAPY?
- No anaesthesia
- Non invasive
- No medication
- No surgery
- Fast treatment – 20 minutes per session, 3-5 sessions required
- Fewer complications
- Virtually painless after treatment