Women’s Health is a specific area of physiotherapy focusing on the treatment and management of women’s health issues.
Sinead, who is a Chartered Physiotherapist specialising in Women’s Health has undergone further specialist training in management bladder, bowel and pelvic floor conditions.
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXAMPLES OF COMMON PROBLEMS OR CONDITIONS THAN ARE TREATED BY OUR WOMEN’S HEALTH PHYSIOTHERAPIST:
- Urinary incontinence
- Stress incontinence
- Urge incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Pregnancy & postnatal
- Ante natal education and birth preparation
- Advice on safe exercises during pregnancy and beyond
- Treatment and management of Pelvic Girdle Pain PGP including Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction SPD
- Low back/rib/thoracic pain
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
Sinead is one of few Irish physiotherapist trained in the The Mummy Mot, which is a relaxed professional screening and treatment service for all women post childbirth to assess pelvic floor and tummy for any potential problems.
The Mummy Mot is a:
- 1 hour post-natal assessment with specialist women’s health physiotherapist
- Ideally at 6 weeks after birth of baby & beyond
- Checks pelvic floor strength, tummy gap, posture, breathing
- Assesses any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth – vaginal or caesarean birth
- Based on findings a bespoke post-natal recovery programme looking at posture, breathing and core activation will be discussed with you.
The Mummy Mot is perfect for you if you have any concerns about your body after giving birth, if you have pelvic pain, back pain, C-section /episiotomy scar soreness, problems with incontinence, unsure if you have a gap in your tummy muscles.
It’s never too late, once postpartum always postpartum!